I. Who are we?
Thank you for visiting http://ser2023.wpengine.com. This site is administered by the Society for Ecological Restoration (SER). Any inquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to: Society for Ecological Restoration, 1133 15th Street NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20005. You can also contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at +1 (202) 299-9518.
II. What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it?
SER and its contractor, The Conference Company (ConfCo), will only collect personal information that you knowingly and voluntarily provide to us. We collect this information in order to provide services and deliver value for SER members, partners, collaborators, event delegates and other stakeholders; to meet contractual obligations where applicable; and to fulfill SER’s legitimate interests as an association.
We may collect data from you during the following interactions:
- Information acquired/provided through our website or websites of our member organizations (if applicable), or data processors. This may include information provided at the time of registering for events or activities, subscribing to services such as newsletters or e-bulletins, submitting descriptions of your work such as presentation abstracts or biographical information, posting material or requesting further information. We may also collect information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem.
- Information acquired/provided through correspondence. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your contact data.
- Information acquired/provided when entering into a formal or informal contractual relationship with us – e.g. registering for an event or activity; entering into a sponsorship, partnership or speaker agreement; purchasing products or services; or by offering or providing services to us or our members.
This data may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, contact telephone number, email address
- In case of contracts and purchases: payment information, such as bank account details or credit card information
- In case of content collaborations or member profiles: identification data, such as photographs or biographies, or information about professional activities and services, such as research data.
III. Who do we share your personal data with?
We may provide information that identifies you to companies contracted to assist us in providing specific products, services or information. However, neither SER nor ConfCo will sell or rent your data to any third party unless you authorize us to do so.
Other Internet sites you visit, including those linked from the http://ser2023.wpengine.com website, may have their own privacy policies or no policy at all. Other websites may use personal information differently than our policy permits. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site before providing any personal information.
IV. What rights do you have over your data?
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or to fulfill a contract, you can ask us to give you a copy of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it to another provider.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
To submit a request regarding your personal data by email, post or telephone, please use the contact information provided above in the ‘Who are we’ section of this policy.
V. Use of “Cookies”
VII. Acceptance of this Policy
Last Update: 18 August 2018