We are preparing to host the 2023 Society of Ecological Restoration Film Festival special event on 28 September during the 10th World Conference on Ecological Restoration. This special event is designed to educate, inspire, and generate meaningful conversations about ecological restoration, conservation, and sustainability. The Film Festival will showcase a selection of films from around the world, each telling a unique story about humanity’s relationship with our planet.
Join the Film Review Panel
We are looking to assemble a diverse and knowledgeable film review panel to help curate the selection of films to be viewed at the special event on 28 September. Specifically, we are looking SER Certified Practitioners and First Nations members to lend their insights into ecological restoration issues and help evaluate the films.
As panel members, you will play a key role in:
- Assessing the accuracy of ecological information presented in the films.
- Evaluating the cultural sensitivity and representation within the films.
- Ensuring the overall quality of the films aligns with the mission of the festival.
- Helping to choose the films that will be screened during the festival.
- This work would occur between June 15th and July 30th, requiring a minimum of 8 hours over that period.
If you are interested in serving on the review panel, or if you have any questions about the role or the film festival itself, please email Festival Directors, Aaron Eger (email@example.com) and Jill Segura (firstname.lastname@example.org).
They will be happy to provide additional information and guide you through the next steps.